An Exclusive Syndicate Lake in Rural Cambridgeshire!
Woodpecker is a mature and established 15-acre lake set in beautiful countryside. Originally stocked in the 1980’s then used as a trout lake for approx. 20 years, the current syndicate was established in 2011 and has grown year on year. Fish have been chipped over the years to create an accurate record of stock, growth rates and general condition with approximately 125 known fish including 20 at 30-35lb, 11 fish between 35–40lb, there are 10 fish over 40lb of which 6 are over 50 up to 64lb. There are approximately 60 original Commons including 13 over 30lb to 42lb, a handful of original Mirrors with the remainder being mostly Mirrors stocked over the past 10 years.
The lake being a clear gravel pit can get weedy in the summer months but has always been fishable albeit a little closer to the lake edge. There is an abundance of features to fish too, with many bars, troughs and silty areas. Purpose built swims are dug into the bank with plenty of room to bivvy up and relax, spaced to provide plenty of water yet still be sociable. There is a flush toilet, a security / Otter fence around the perimeter of the fishery and electric gated entrance, providing a safe environment to enjoy your fishing. Woodpecker is a popular syndicate and to date has sold out every year, the waiting list is very long and has been temporarily closed. Any available full tickets are offered to existing midweek members. The season runs from 1st Feb annually. (Email email@example.com)
- All nets, slings, weigh nets and unhooking mats must be fully dried preferably in the sun prior to bringing on site. Net dips are provided and must be used on every visit, a brush is provided to wash down unhooking mats. Failure to conform will result in your ticket being cancelled without refund.
- No litter to be left in swims. Litter to be taken home at the end of your session
- No guests without prior agreement
- Only fish in designated swims, do not damage trees or vegetation.
- Any person fishing must have a current EA rod licence
- Please have respect for other anglers, only fish obvious swim areas, and ask adjacent anglers where they are fishing. Casting to the next swim is unacceptable even if it is free.
- Lake boats can only be used to assist release of snagged fish, there must be 2 people available, and your own certified life jacket must be worn. Request help from fishery management if you are on your own.
- Never pull for a break you will be banned if caught
- We accept no responsibility for any damage or loss to equipment or vehicles which may occur whilst at Earith Lakes Fisheries.
- The fishery is a natural environment which we do our best to maintain; as such we accept no responsibility for any personal accident which may occur as a result of being on site at Earith Lakes Fisheries. Trips, slips and other such incidents can and do occur and are generally beyond our control. Please report any incidents to the office in order for them to be recorded.
- 3 rod limit
- Micro barb hooks only
- Must use at least 1m of tube or leader. No braided main line
- Drop off lead systems only inc. chod rigs
- 48hr fishing limit, non-return within 48hr
- No Zig or floater fishing
- Large sided unhooking mats (100cm) must be used at all times (no Cradles or beanie mats), landing nets over 42”, no sacks or keep nets
- No rods to be left unattended (next swim rule applies where appropriate and with remote sounder where proven to work)
- No baits to be left on hooks outside water. No food or bait to be left in open (Owners dog on site)
- Manufacture prepared tigers are permitted in small quantities. No other nuts permitted. All particles to be fully soaked prior to fishing and used in moderation. Management may ask to check baits and will ban any that are poorly prepared. Baits are available on site (pre order and have them ready on arrival)
- Maggots can only be used in moderation between 15th Nov and 15th Feb
- All caught fish must be scanned and a log of id, weight, swim, date and angler recorded. Shared scanners are available to use from the toilet block. Anglers wishing to use their own may do so, I will provide updated fish lists and pad for recording when requested
- Bait boats can only be used where they do not affect other anglers, and lines only dropped into safe areas which you could cast your marker float to when requested. Do not fish adjacent swims even if they are empty.
Woodpecker Lake Media
10KG Boilie Deal - £69.00 + FREE P&P!
We have a great offer not to be missed. 10KG of your chosen boilies, plus 2 x additional items (such as pop-ups, sprays etc) and FREE Postage & Packing - all for £69.00!