A Well Established, Stunning Carp Lake Available for Bookings!
Willow Lake is a former gravel pit of some 6-7 acres that has been established as a specimen carp fishery since 1992 and Located close to St Ives and Huntingon in Cambridgeshire.
In recent years, the fish have grown steadily in weight and many anglers have smashed their personal bests at the venue. Much of the current stock (of around 150 carp) are derived from the original stocking in 1988 of 1-2lb fish. Today, around 80% are over 20lb with many upper twenties and 25-30 fish over 30lb, including four over 40lb. The present lake record stands at 44lb 4oz plus.
A maximum of 7 anglers can fish per night, although group/whole lake bookings are accepted for up to 9 anglers.
Our booking line will always open on 1st December for the following year. For example: 1st December 2016 for 2017 bookings. Bookings made in December and January are to be paid in full by the end of February.
Lake prices and information
- Maximum 7 Anglers per night.
- Group/Whole lake bookings are accepted for up to 9 anglers.
- All bookings must be paid for at the time of booking.
- A cancellation fee of £10 per person per night will be payable for any canceled sessions.
- All bookings for this lake can be made between 9:30am and 4:30pm on (01487) 841 858.
1st March – 30th November
Sunday – Thursday
£30.00 per night
2 nights or more £25.00 per night
Friday & Saturday Nights
£30.00 per night
No discounts on Friday or Saturday
30th November – 28th February
£20.00 per night
- All day ticket anglers must pay in the shop as soon as possible after arrival. If we have to make bank a collection you will be charged an extra £5
- Repeat failure to pay on arrival will result in a site ban
- Shop hours 1st March – October 9.30 am – 4.30pm. Winter payments to be deposited through bungalow letter box. Please put in an envelope and mark down your name/vehicle reg
- All day ticket anglers must stop fishing at least thirty minutes before gate closure times
- Gates are open 7:00am – 8:30pm during summer and 8:30am – 5:30pm during winter
- All under 16′s to be booked in by a responsible adult and a contact number left with staff
- No under 14′s without adult supervision
- No night fishing for under 18′s unless with a responsible adult. Maximum 2 juniors per adult
- E.A rod licence’s must be produced on request
- Strictly no parking on the hard standing near the bungalow at any time.
- Anglers not parking by their swim must park in the car park near the green wholesale shed.
- No anglers are allowed to leave the site between 8:30pm – 07.00am summer or 5.30pm – 08.00am winter unless in an emergency.
- Strictly NO LITTER please ensure your swim is CLEAR BEFORE commencing fishing. All litter must be taken home
- You can purchase Carp Cots/Beanie mats from the shop at discounted prices
- No braided mainline
- Barbless or micro barb hooks only
- Minimum line strength 12lb
- Carp Mats: For Willow lake Carp Cots ONLY or mats with sides PLEASE NOTE: Beany mats will NOT be allowed
- Fox carp cradle recommended and available in shop at discounted prices
- Carp Mats: For Vermuyden lake the minimum size mat must be 36″ X 24″ Beany type strongly preferred
- Minimum landing net size 36″
- No peanuts or tiger nuts
- No sacking of carp
- Maximum 2 rods on Vermuyden lake – Maximum 3 rods on Willow lake
- No bait boats
- No lead core
- No non angling guests unless by prior arrangement
- No dogs
- No rods to be left unattended at ANY time and YOU MUST NOT BE MORE THAN 30 METRES FROM YOUR RODS AT ANY TIME
- STRICTLY NO TAKE AWAYS TO BE ORDERED AFTER 6.30PM AS ALL TAKE AWAY DELIVERIES TO BE RECEIVED PRIOR TO 7.30PM
- No vehicular access to swims on Willow lakes drove bank at any time.
Register your interest in booking Willow Lake
10KG Boilie Deal - £69.00 + FREE P&P!
We have a great offer not to be missed. 10KG of your chosen boilies, plus 2 x additional items (such as pop-ups, sprays etc) and FREE Postage & Packing - all for £69.00!