The Sister Lake to Woodpecker – Making a Name for Itself!
Located in Cambridgeshire close to St Ives and Huntingdon, the lake has been run as a trout lake for the past 25 years with a small number of carp being left to their own devices over this time. Trout fishing has now stopped with the majority of trout being removed and approx 100 carp introduced to supplement the unknown quantity of original fish. All Fish are growing fast with around 8 fish now going over 30lb; the current lake record is a Mirror caught during Dec 2018 at 45-05, one of a number of spare fish I dropped in the Trout lake around 2012! The Largest Common is an original fish caught at 37-07.
The Trout lake is a 12 acre gravel pit dug in the 1960’s for gravel and sand extraction. There are 14 swims consisting of a mixture of natural grass verges and purpose-built dugouts. Parking is located on one side of the lake providing very close access to several swims and easy access to the rest. The site has a flush toilet and security / otter fence installed around the perimeter The Trout lake is already a very popular syndicate with a waiting list in operation so apply early to avoid disappointment.
The trout lake Carp Syndicate 7 day – £400.00
Mon 8.00 to Fri 11.00 – £300.00
- All nets and unhooking mats must be fully dried preferably in the sun prior to bringing on site
- No litter to be left in swims. Litter to be taken home at the end of your session
- No guests without prior agreement
- Only fish in designated swims, do not damage trees or vegetation.
- Any person fishing must have a current EA rod licence
- Please have respect for other anglers, only fish obvious swim areas, and ask adjacent anglers where they are fishing. Swim demarcation is identified on the lake notice board, please familiarise yourself.
- Lake boats can only be used to assist release of snagged fish, there must be 2 people available, and life jackets must be worn (available in the toilet). Request help from fishery management if you are on your own.
- We accept no responsibility for any damage or loss to equipment or vehicles which may occur whilst at Earith Lakes Fisheries.
- The fishery is a natural environment which we do our best to maintain; as such we accept no responsibility for any personal accident which may occur as a result of being on site at Earith Lakes Fisheries. Trips, slips and other such incidents can and do occur and are generally beyond our control. Please report any incidents to the office in order for them to be recorded.
Trout Lake Syndicate
- 3 rod limit
- Micro barb or crushed barbed hooks only
- Must use at least 1m of tube or leader. No braided main line
- Drop off lead systems only inc. chod rigs
- Large sided unhooking mats or cradles must be used at all times (no beanie mats), landing nets over 42”, no sacks or keep nets
- No rods to be left unattended (next swim rule applies where appropriate and with remote sounder where proven to work)
- No baits to be left on hooks outside water. No food or bait to be left in open (Owners dog on site)
- Manufacture prepared tigers are permitted in small quantities. No other nuts permitted. All particles to be fully soaked prior to fishing and used in moderation. Management may ask to check baits and will ban any that are poorly prepared. Baits are available on site (pre order and have them ready on arrival)
- Maggots can only be used in moderation between 15th Nov and 15th Feb
- All caught fish must be scanned and a log of id, weight, swim and angler recorded
- No Pike fishing
- No bait boats
The Trout Lake Media
Register your interest in joining The Trout Lake
Whilst all of our products have gone towards helping anglers confidently catch carp, these items are currently the most popular.