An Exclusive Syndicate Lake in Rural Cambridgeshire!
Woodpecker is a mature and established lake set in beautiful countryside, originally stocked in the 1980’s then used as a trout lake for approx. 20 years, the syndicate was established in 2011 and has grown year on year. Fish have been chipped over the years to create an accurate record of stock, growth rates and general condition with approximately 120 known fish including 30 over 30lb, six of these are over 40lb and a lake record is currently 49lb plus. There are approximately 60 original Commons a handful of original Mirrors with the remainder being Mirrors stocked over the past 5 years.
The lake being a clear gravel pit can get weedy in the summer months, but has always been fishable albeit a little closer to the lake edge. There is an abundance of features to fish too, with many bars, troughs and silty areas. Purpose built swims are dug into the bank with plenty of room to bivvy up and relax, spaced to provide plenty of water yet still be sociable. A security / Otter fence is erected around the perimeter of the fishery, providing a safe environment to enjoy your fishing.
Woodpecker Carp Syndicate 7 day – POA
Mon 8.00 to Fri 11.00 – POA
- All nets and unhooking mats must be fully dried preferably in the sun prior to bringing on site
- No litter to be left in swims. Litter to be taken home at the end of your session
- No guests without prior agreement
- Only fish in designated swims, do not damage trees or vegetation.
- Any person fishing must have a current EA rod licences
- Please have respect for other anglers, only fish obvious swim areas, and ask adjacent anglers where they are fishing. Swim demarcation is identified on the lake notice board, please familiarise yourself.
- Lake boats can only be used to assist release of snagged fish, there must be 2 people available, and life jackets must be worn (available in the office). Request help from fishery management if you are on your own.
- We accept no responsibility for any damage or loss to equipment or vehicles which may occur whilst at Earith Lakes Fisheries.
- The fishery is a natural environment which we do our best to maintain; as such we accept no responsibility for any personal accident which may occur as a result of being on site at Earith Lakes Fisheries. Trips, slips and other such incidents can and do occur and are generally beyond our control. Please report any incidents to the shop in order for them to be recorded. Minors require constant supervision by a non-fishing adult.
- 3 rod limit
- Micro barb or crushed barbed hooks only
- Must use at least 1m of tube or leader. No braided main line
- Drop off lead systems only inc. chod rigs
- Large sided unhooking mats or cradles must be used at all times (no beanie mats), landing nets over 42”, no sacks or keep nets
- No rods to be left unattended (next swim rule applies where appropriate and with remote sounder where proven to work)
- No baits to be left on hooks outside water. No food or bait to be left in open (loose dog on site)
- Manufacture prepared tigers are permitted in small quantities. No other nuts permitted. All particles to be fully soaked prior to fishing and used in moderation. Management may ask to check baits and will ban any that are poorly prepared.
- Bait boats can only be used where they do not affect other anglers, and lines only dropped into safe areas which you could cast a bait to.